Yes..I am in love with a tree. I have wanted a tree like this for many many years, and this year I finally have it. Thanks to a great sale at Ben Franklin and Krumpets I was able to put it together for pretty cheap. I secretly think Ryan is jealous of it because I just like to sit and stare at it. I'm a dork...I know, but whatever makes you happy right. The kids love it as well. Peyton made me feel so good, after seeing it completed for the first time he said, "Mom it looks like a jubilee tree!" Yeah!!!
I was very proud of my two boys this week. They decided to sneak into their Uncle Chris's apartment and set up a tree for him while he was gone to work. They put the tree together and decorated it with blue lights and blue and orange ornaments (bronco colors...of course!!) I thought this was very thoughtful of them. It was so funny because Jack just kept saying, "Oh no, Uncle Chris is going to be so mad at me!" He was so relieved when Uncle Chris called and wasn't mad at all and liked the tree.

This is a picture of my Christmas Star. I had one for Halloween that I mod podged on, but on this one I used magnet paper instead. I glued the scrapbook paper onto the magnetic sheet and placed it on the star. I figured that way I can just change it out each season/holiday. I am very excited about how it turned out and it was super easy.
I absolutely love Christmas time. I love everything about it. I love the smells, the tree, the decorations, the treats...but most of all I love the spirit of it all. It is a wonderful feeling and it always takes me back to when I was a kid. My parents were great at teaching us the true meaning of Christmas as well at teaching us that giving is a much greater gift than recieving. I can only hope that I can pass that on to my kids.
This is a picture of my Christmas Star. I had one for Halloween that I mod podged on, but on this one I used magnet paper instead. I glued the scrapbook paper onto the magnetic sheet and placed it on the star. I figured that way I can just change it out each season/holiday. I am very excited about how it turned out and it was super easy.
I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season as much as we are. We hope to see you all soon!!
11 comments:
I am a littl jealous of your tree....we have white lights and some tinsel, oh yeah and a paper house and snowflake that Brian and Tay made...I like it, but not as much as yours!
Well, now I feel totally inadequate. We went to the Festival of Trees and those all put mine to shame but I thought well those were probably professionals. Then I see your tree. Thanks a lot...
It's really cute though! Come to my house next year.
Hi Andrea this is Anjalee your christmas tree is cute, how are you doing? my blog is anjalee-boudrero.blogspot.com. Your new little baby is cute and your other kids are getting big. Well I hope to talk to you soon.
Your tree is amazing! I love it!
I love your tree Andrea! Are you ready for Christmas? I know I'm not at all ready!
Hey Sis...exy! Your tree...is...well...how do I say this nicely...? LOADED!
Jk your tree looks really nice!!
Love the tree, come decorate mine next year!! oh yeah, tell Chris that he makes a great Santa Clause!!hehehe (or was it ryan i can't tell!)
I had to show the girls your blog and what a real Christmas tree looks like - They decorated ours in pink, orange, green and blue (I say tacky - they say it's cool). They agreed - yours looks like a REAL Christmas Tree. Nyssa told me how cute you look in your picture and that she misses seeing you!
You should really start a business
That tree is fabulous! And your Christmas star is so so cute! So, you just cut magnet sheets to fit the star "panels"? Was it just a store-bought metal star? I want to try! We love you guys and hope you're having a great holiday season! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment