Saturday, July 19, 2008

He gave us quite a scare!!

.

We had to take D.J. to the emergency room on Wednesday, July 16th. It was a scary experience. We were having what I thought was a normal morning. Jack woke up first and wanted his waffle. D.J. woke up around the same time so I took both him and Jack in the living room. D.J. was being so happy and cute. He was smiling and cooing so I left Jack in the living room with him. I walked into the kitchen and put a waffle in the toaster and heard D.J. let out a loud cry. I wasn't sure what happened, but I rushed in the living room and D.J.'s eyes were clenched shut and he was very upset. Crying and wailing his fists. He had never done this before and I started to wonder if Jack had done something that hurt him. Jack said he didn't touch him. I picked D.J. up to console him and he stopped crying and went a little limp. It frightened me and I thought that he possibly wasn't breathing. His eyes were still clenched shut and I tried to rouse him. He wouldn't wake up. I started to really get worried so I called Ryan and than I dialed 911. Everything happened so fast and the EMT's arrived and started checking D.J. out. By the time they had arrived D.J. was crying again and he looked like he was okay. They suggested that we bring him into the emergency room for further testing so we did. They did a chest x-ray and some blood work. Everything came back okay and they thought that he either had a seizure or that he got mad and threw a fit. We made a doctor appointment the next day and Dr.Clark said that it didn't sound much like a seizure, but more like he cried so hard that he passed out. He said just to keep a close eye on him, but that he looked really healthy. I do have to mention that he weighed 13 lbs 6 oz at the doctor appointment. What a chunk!! He is doing really well now and we haven't noticed anything out of the norm since the incident. What a scary experience. We all sure love him and he is so much fun to have around.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

He did give us a scare! Cute pictures. You look so good! We miss you guys like crazy!!! love the new background!

Camille said...

Man! They should have manuals for each child, seriously! I always feel like I panic when nothing is wrong and I dismiss things that are potentially very serious! Blah! I am glad he's doing ok now. Your blog is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Scary! Glad things are ok!

Rachelle said...

That is scary!!! Glad it all worked out. Your boys are just too cute!

Aimee said...

Scary! Thanks for keeping us updated ;) I love the "my neck belongs to Edward" thing.